Our Technical Artist role is a bit special.
We are looking for a Technical Art Generalist (with a focus on Shaders, Particle FX and UI) willing to work across many different areas; both to improve the lives of our content creators, and also to provide content for the games we work on. Although we are primarily after a Technical Artist, we ask that artists are comfortable helping out across all fields; be it 2D or Environment.
We look for candidates that have experience working in games development, preferably a few years. This is primarily to ensure that those applying are able to fit in to a team and provide solid assets from day one. Strong communication and team skills are essential.
We ask that all artists take our art test (available here). It’s great if you can do this before applying, but we realize you may be busy with a current position so you can always drop us an email first.
- Experience with art for AAA game projects
- Strong programming and fundamental maths skills are essential.
- We also look for strong art fundamentals such as composition and form etc.
- Have a strong understanding of PBR pipelines.
- Have worked with visual FX: Particles, Shaders, Lighting, Post Processing and Screen FX.
- Enjoy working with shaders (code and node based is great, you also need an understanding of the maths involved)
- Have experience or interest in working with UI.
- Ability to work independently to bring an asset from start to finish
- Are proactive in finding and solving problems in production.
- Love talking to team members from all disciplines and helping them out.
- Burning passion for games and games development
- Side projects such as indie-titles, mods or equivalent
- Experience with tools such as Substance Designer and Quixel Suite or equivalent
- Experience with rigging and technical animation
This job listing is for a full-time position, therefore we are unfortunately not accepting any freelancers and you must be able to relocate to Sweden. If you live outside of the country, please also be aware that we are unable to provide help with the relocation costs and you must have a valid working permit in place when applying.
To contact us please fill out the form below and include your CV, cover letter, portfolio or any other relevant material of interest. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org