Are you a positive programmer who enjoys a technical challenge? This could be your chance to have a real influence on the game you’re working on.
We are now hiring an experienced Engine Programmer with a broad set of skills, to join the studio in developing the latest and most exciting project yet!
About the job
As an engine programmer at Arrowhead, you will be part of a close-knit tech team responsible for developing our engine technologies. The Engine Programmer’s main responsibility will be integrating middleware with the game engine and developing new technologies based on the needs of the game. Responsibilities will also include optimization efforts, integrating support for all target platforms and supporting the other development teams.
Each team member at Arrowhead has an important influence on the game and is involved in the decision-making process. We offer a driven and creative environment where small groups work independently within cross-disciplinary feature teams. It is crucial that you can plan and manage your own work efficiently, and also have strong collaboration skills.
- Integrate middleware with the game engine.
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems.
- Add and support new functionality and features to the engine.
- Continuously work to ensure scalable and stable systems.
- Provide technical guidance for development bridging technology, game design, art, and our engine.
- Coordinating work with your team and providing insight to the game engine.
- Communicating with the tools team for tool specific features.
- Being a positive, active, and contributing team member.
- Experience using profiling tools to identify CPU & GPU performance issues.
- Excellent and current programming skills in C++.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and handle pressure, while still being a strong team player.
- Worked on one or more published titles.
- Experience working with PC and current generation game consoles.
- Good collaboration and communication skills with a cooperative attitude.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Expertise in concurrency, memory and performance optimization.
- Experience shipping multiple AAA-game titles.
- Knowledge of setting up and maintaining automated testing.
- Experience writing networked game code and systems.
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra.
More about you
To succeed at Arrowhead Game Studios we believe that you have enough experience to handle a wide range of challenges as you will step in to aid your teammates whenever needed. The role will offer changing focus areas and will develop over time. This means you should be able to handle change with a positive attitude. Noteworthy is that this position is as much oriented towards game development as exploring creative ways to use existing technologies. We trust that your experience makes you confident in solving puzzles together with your coworkers and that working with a team is a part of what makes each day a rewarding experience for you.
Scope: Full-time and permanent
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below and include your resume, a brief cover letter, and portfolio/work samples. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your application, please focus on why your skills and experiences would be great for this role and why you would like to join Arrowhead Game Studios. We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.
About Arrowhead Game Studios
Arrowhead Game Studios is a growing team of about 40 people, known for our co-op titles. By challenging the creativity of the players we create a memorable experience with humour and social interaction, that leaves you with a story to tell. Our custom tailored new offices are located in the newly developed Stockholm Seaside area, with a lovely view at the waterfront.
We are now working on our biggest and most ambitious project to date. If you want to be part of a driven and friendly team with a family feeling, then Arrowhead is the place to be!
arrowheadgamestudios.com ~ 40 co-workers