Environment Artist – Nature
Artists at Arrowhead tend to be generalists but can have a specialization in a specific area.
Our artists often work on different aspects of the game and need to be able to jump from place to place, which is why we ask that artists are comfortable helping out across all fields; be it 2D, Environment, Particle FX or Character art. Right now we are looking for an artist that will strengthen the team that build our outdoor levels, someone who will have a strong focus on nature assets – like trees, rocks and foliage. On the current project we are looking for an artist that will work with SpeedTree, ZBrush, Maya and Substance.
We look for candidates that have experience working in games development, preferably a few years. This is primarily to ensure that those applying are able to complement a team and provide solid assets from day one. Artists are required to work closely with all parts of development and so strong communication and team skills are essential.
- Experience with art for AAA game projects
- Excellent understanding of Maya, PBR Workflow and AAA engines such as Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong at organic modeling and texturing
- Strong understanding of form, environment composition, silhouette and lighting
- Ability to work independently to bring an asset from start to finish
- Flexibility to work and adapt to different art tasks
- Ability and willingness to learn tools, middleware applications and scripting
- Experience with SpeedTree
- Knowledge of other major art packages such as Z-Brush, Substance and Modo
- Understanding of shaders, either node based construction or code (hlsl)
- Level Design and scripting experience is a big plus
- Side projects such as indie-titles, mods or equivalent
- Experience with Particle FX
- Programming skills
This job listing is for a full-time position, therefore we are unfortunately not accepting any freelancers and you must be able to relocate to Sweden. If you live outside of the country, please also be aware that we are unable to provide help with the relocation costs and you must have a valid working permit in place when applying.
To contact us please fill out the form below and include your CV, cover letter, portfolio or any other relevant material of interest. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org