Mission Designer & Scripter
Are you a designer who wants to put full focus on creating a memorable and visceral mission experience? Then this is your opportunity to have a big impact on our next game!
Arrowhead is currently looking for a mission designer who wants to join a close working team to create an engaging and most importantly fun player experience.
About the job
We are looking for a mission designer and scripter able to create and shape missions for the studio’s latest project. This means putting ideas into practice, coordinating with development teams to gather feedback and improve upon the mission experience. The focus will be to facilitate emergent gameplay with the goal to create truly memorable experiences for the players. Your responsibilities will be to take charge of the core mission gameplay and organize the workflows accordingly.
Each team member at Arrowhead has an important influence on the game and is involved in the decision-making process. We offer a driven and creative environment where small groups work independently within cross-disciplinary feature teams. It is crucial that you can plan and manage your own work efficiently, and also have strong collaboration skills.
- Designing, scripting and implementing missions that make for memorable experiences.
- Participate in design meetings to help shape and give feedback on the entire game experience.
- Evaluate and integrate relevant feedback to improve the overall mission design.
- Coordinate with the team to develop and improve the workflow related to mission implementation.
- Work with other designers, artists, and engineers to conceive and implement engaging missions.
- Use internal tools for prototyping and tuning gameplay mechanics.
- Organizing documents and designs relevant to the workflow.
- Working with our internal non-visual scripting languages.
- Experience with C#, Lua, or other scripting language.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Previous experience with different game editors.
- At least two years experience working in the game industry.
- Experience of working in designer roles with significant contribution to mission and objective gameplay.
- Ability to manage hard deadlines while adjusting to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills will be a necessity.
- Understand how to convey information and player interactions intuitively via gameplay.
- Serious passion for games.
- Previous experience as a Senior Scripter for the full development cycle on a shipped AAA game.
- Experience working with procedural or randomly generated game worlds.
- Experience developing Co-op and/or Online Multiplayer games.
More about you
You are explorative and proactive with good problem solving capabilities. In your role you enjoy digging into different areas of the game, and have a particular passion for exploring what makes gameplay enjoyable. With a cooperative mindset you enjoy collaborating with other teams in your daily work. We think you are both hard-working and enjoy a good break and chat with your colleagues.
To contribute to the studios newest project, and beyond, we believe that you can be described as both a creatively oriented but also logically minded individual. Therefore we believe that you thrive working in an environment of iterative development, where you bring structure and organization to your working environment.
Scope: Full-time and permanent
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below and include your resume, a brief cover letter, and portfolio/work samples. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your application, please focus on why your skills and experiences would be great for this role and why you would like to join Arrowhead Game Studios. We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.
About Arrowhead Game Studios
Arrowhead Game Studios is a growing team of about 40 people, known for our co-op titles. By challenging the creativity of the players we create a memorable experience with humour and social interaction, that leaves you with a story to tell. Our custom tailored new offices are located in the newly developed Stockholm Seaside area, with a lovely view at the waterfront.
We are now working on our biggest and most ambitious project to date. If you want to be part of a driven and friendly team with a family feeling, then Arrowhead is the place to be!
arrowheadgamestudios.com ~ 40 co-workers