Are you a visually oriented technical artist, with a desire to meaningfully impact the development of our next kick-ass videogame?
Arrowhead is hiring a technical artist with a visual focus to help shape the visual post effects of our games!
About the job
We are looking for a Technical Artist who will be responsible for the entire workflow regarding the post process effects. For us, this means grading, lighting and shaders but more importantly it means taking a proactive approach to the visual feel and finish of the game. As a technical artist you will receive feedback from game and art directors and independently work to improve upon the visual direction of the studios’ project.
Each team member at Arrowhead has an important influence on the game and is involved in the decision-making process. We offer a driven and creative environment where small groups work independently within cross-disciplinary feature teams. It is crucial that you can plan and manage your own work efficiently, and also have strong collaboration skills.
- Ensuring that the game meets the studios visual targets
- Work to integrate game director feedback in visual post effects
- Responsible for grading workflows
- Lighting, using the game editor
- Shaders, using node tools and HLSL
- Proactively develop new workflows when required
- Finding solutions to both technical and visual related to visual post effects
- Three to four years work experience in a similar role with shipped titles, or equivalent experience from personal game projects.
- Portfolio showing strong art fundamentals within composition and form.
- Experience of shader creation, using node-editor and HLSL
- Experience working with visual post effects, grading, lighting and shaders.
- Experience of how to optimize games content for memory and performance
- You must be able to work collaboratively with the game team, which includes daily communication with programmers and designers.
- Good collaboration and communication skills with a cooperative attitude.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience creating particle FX for games
- Understanding of HDR grading and pipelines
- Experience working with Stingray editor
More about candidate
We are looking for a person who wants to develop the visual direction of a video game through feedback and tight communication with their teammates. This is an opportunity for the sort of person who wants to have a genuine impact on the game they are working on, and who has the capability to put abstract ideas in to practice. To be a good fit we believe a sense of structure and logic is vital, in order to develop workflows and achieve more efficient processes during the game development. A balance of independent and self driven work combined with a team-oriented mindset will go a long way to ensure success at Arrowhead. However most of all, it’s important to value FUN in the game making process.
Scope: Full-time and permanent
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below and include your resume, a brief cover letter, and portfolio/work samples. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your application, please focus on why your skills and experiences would be great for this role and why you would like to join Arrowhead Game Studios. We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible. If you live outside of the country, please also be aware that we are unable to offer relocation packages at this time, and you must have a valid working permit.
About Arrowhead Game Studios
Arrowhead Game Studios is a growing team of about 40 people, known for our co-op titles. By challenging the creativity of the players we create a memorable experience with humour and social interaction, that leaves you with a story to tell. Our custom tailored new offices are located in the newly developed Stockholm Seaside area, with a lovely view at the waterfront.
We are now working on our biggest and most ambitious project to date. If you want to be part of a driven and friendly team with a family feeling, then Arrowhead is the place to be!
arrowheadgamestudios.com ~ 40 co-workers