Do you have a passion to help execute the visions of video games? Do you enjoy working with others behind the scenes to create a bigger picture? Then this position could be perfect for you!
Arrowhead is actively looking for a versatile tools programmer to join our expanding, kick-ass team in Stockholm, developing our biggest game yet. We are looking for someone who thrives working with teams in a variety of disciplines, to build awesome tools in the name of ultimately creating a great game.
About the job
As a tools programmer at Arrowhead, you will transform the design direction of our current game project into effective tools and systems for the teams, to help execute their ideas. You will be part of our friendly tools team while working closely with designers, artists and programmers to analyse and improve their workflow. Your work will allow you to make a direct impact on the productivity of others, by improving their development experience and pipeline.
Each team member at Arrowhead has an important influence on the game and is involved in the decision-making process. We offer a driven and creative environment where small groups work independently within cross-disciplinary feature teams. It is crucial that you can plan and manage your own work efficiently, and also have strong collaboration skills.
- Maintain and iterate on existing tools and editor features, ensuring that overall quality and usability meet the needs of the project.
- Work together with all feature teams to design and develop new tools, increasing quality of life for all.
- Creating robust and high-quality tools for long term use.
- Help to identify workflow issues and bottlenecks in our pipelines and continuously work to improve them.
- Cooperate with the Engine Programmers to implement features in the engine when needed for tools development
- Communicate and follow up progress on tools with the content developers
- 2-3 years of technical work experience in the video games industry
- Documented experience working with a C-language
- Experience writing game development tools and UI that improve the user experience and workflow.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates dedication to high quality standards.
- Good collaboration and communication skills with a cooperative attitude.
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Experience with GUI related technologies such as WPF or Qt
- Familiarity with DCC tools such as 3DS Max or Maya
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about video games, enthusiastic about the day-to-day job, and takes initiative. We think you highly enjoy working with developers of all disciplines, to ensure that our tools and workflow enhance the creative process for everyone.
To be successful we believe you have the ability to communicate effectively across teams and disciplines, while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude. Appreciation of collaboration will go a long way at Arrowhead. The ideal candidate will also be self-motivated, with the ability to improve the tools under their own direction.
Scope: Full-time and permanent
Reports to: Technical Lead
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below and include your resume, a brief cover letter, and portfolio/work samples. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
In your application, please focus on why your skills and experiences would be great for this role and why you would like to join Arrowhead Game Studios. We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible. If you live outside of the country, please also be aware that we are unable to offer relocation packages at this time, and you must have a valid working permit.
About Arrowhead Game Studios
Arrowhead Game Studios is a growing team of about 40 people, known for our co-op titles. By challenging the creativity of the players we create a memorable experience with humour and social interaction, that leaves you with a story to tell. Our custom tailored new offices are located in the newly developed Stockholm Seaside area, with a lovely view at the waterfront.
We are now working on our biggest and most ambitious project to date. If you want to be part of a driven and friendly team with a family feeling, then Arrowhead is the place to be!
arrowheadgamestudios.com ~ 40 co-workers