Do you enjoy working with shaders and particle effects to deliver both realistic and fantastical VFX, for both gameplay and atmosphere? Yes? Great!
We look for candidates that have experience working in games development, preferably a few years. This is primarily to ensure that those applying are able to complement a team and provide solid assets from day one. Strong communication and team skills are essential.
- Created VFX for at least one shipped title
- Ability to recreate real-world effects in realtime engines
- Excellent 2D texture creation skills
- Understanding and creativity within shader creation in a node based system
- Experience creating vfx for game projects
- Competent 3D modelling & texturing skills
- Strong understanding of movement, impact and form of visual effects
- Experience with VFX within AAA production
- Skill with simulations for offline rendered scenes (e.g. Houdini, Realflow, Maya/Max, Fluid FX etc)
- Experience with Lighting for video games
- Experience with AfterFX
- Fundamental Programming skills
- Understanding of coding shaders in hlsl
Scope: Full-time and permanent
If you think that this position matches your background and skills, we would love to hear from you. We ask that your application always include relevant work samples or a link to your portfolio.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below and include your resume, a brief cover letter, and portfolio/work samples. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your application, please focus on why your skills and experiences would be great for this role and why you would like to join Arrowhead Game Studios. We interview candidates continuously and hire when we find a good fit, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible. If you live outside of the country, please also be aware that we are unable to offer relocation packages at this time, and you must have a valid working permit.
About Arrowhead Game Studios
Arrowhead Game Studios is a growing team of about 40 people, known for our co-op titles. By challenging the creativity of the players we create a memorable experience with humour and social interaction, that leaves you with a story to tell. Our custom tailored new offices are located in the newly developed Stockholm Seaside area, with a lovely view at the waterfront.
We are now working on our biggest and most ambitious project to date. If you want to be part of a driven and friendly team with a family feeling, then Arrowhead is the place to be!
arrowheadgamestudios.com ~ 40 co-workers